Conflict resolution and litigation
We always seek, through forward-looking advice, to avoid conflicts arising, and avoid disputes between you and third parties. But if disputes cannot be settled at a commercial level, we assert your interests in the relevant fields of business law and represent you in non-judicial and judicial proceedings.
Our employees have extensive experience in the management of complex cases and in all types of proceedings. Where necessary, they cooperate with experts from our other departments, in particular in the fields of corporate, restructuring and insolvency law, as well as in the field of healthcare and social economy. Access to comprehensive know-how is available at all times to best support your case.
Our service portfolio extends from strategic consulting in the run-up to a conflict situation, through out-of-court settlement attempts, (arbitration) court litigation, through to the effective enforcement of your undisputed claims after a judgement has been published.
When a conflict seems imminent, we perform risk analysis on the basis of a careful fact-finding process and develop solutions in line with your interests. On this basis, we preferably seek an amicable settlement of disputes and advise or represent you in negotiations with the other party.
In contested disputes we collaborate with you to develop an effective attack and defence strategy. We then implement this for you at various stages of the proceedings.
In terms of content, consultancy and your representation in corporate disputes is a special focus of our activities. In particular, this applies to the following matters:
- Nationwide legal representation before civil, financial, labour and arbitration courts
- Disputes relating to board liability issues
- Post M&A disputes
- Disputes between shareholders in joint stock and private limited companies
- Disputes between shareholders and the company including actions for rescission and annulment against shareholder resolutions
- Budget negotiations with sponsors and settlement procedures
- Mediating negotiations with creditors and distressed companies
- Contestations as per the German Avoidance of Transactions Act (AnfG)
- Representation before integration offices and mediation offices
- Regulatory disputes
- Consulting in dunning procedures
- Applications and remedies of foreclosure
- Product and manufacturer’s liability