Decarbonization, decentralized supply concepts, digitalization, renewable energies, energy efficiency, electromobility, sustainability and hydrogen: Our energy law attorneys are always following the latest developments and challenges in energy law. They are specialized in energy law (regulatory and contractual) issues relating to the supply of electricity, gas, district heating and other mediums.
Our lawyers for energy law know the economic context and therefore find answers to complex energy law issues as well as solutions for the day-to-day business of energy suppliers, grid operators, storage operators, (decentralized) plant operators, project developers, prosumers, public companies, real estate companies and commercial/industrial energy consumers as well as companies in the healthcare sector.
If required, our energy law attorneys call in specialists from other service and consulting areas to provide comprehensive advice on legal, tax, economic and technical issues.
Our range of services in energy law includes in particular the following areas of advice:
- Ongoing energy law advice to energy suppliers and energy customers on all regulatory and contractual issues
- Energy law advice in connection with restructurings and transactions
- Advice on electricity and energy tax issues, including EnSTransV
- Advice on the use of electricity price privileges (e.g. reduction of the EEG surcharge by means of the special equalization scheme and EEG self-supply, Section 19 (2) StromNEV privileges, network surcharge privileges, electricity price compensation)
- Support in the implementation of alternative energy supply models (e.g. contracting, company-owned supply company)
- Advice on generation projects (e.g. renewable energy projects, CHP plants, hydrogen production plants)
- Advice on issues related to the reduction of CO2 emissions (e.g. national and European emissions trading, including relief options)
- Advice on concession award procedures, network cooperation and network takeovers
- Advice on grid regulation issues (e.g. grid fee regulation, unbundling, grid usage and grid connection) and smart metering
- Advice on and drafting of contracts under energy law (e.g. project, supply, lease and operating agreements)
- Handling of special energy law issues (e.g. insolvency of energy suppliers)
Depending on the issue at question, we also work together with our cooperation partner BDO AG Wirtschaftsprüfungsgesellschaft and put together interdisciplinary teams of specialists with industry experience in the field of energy sector.
BDO: energy sector